Do Not Do Project: Double-Coding in Diabetes
Welcome to the page supporting the audit. This work is about improving coding for diabetes. The background to this is here. A sample output is here.
Accessing the search
The search is designed to help you find patients quickly based on searches shared freely on SystmOne and processed using the spreadsheet supplied on this site. You can access the searches on SystmOne as follows:-
Join HNN South Leicester Group by:-
(This enables you to get access to the searches and the format for data output)
- Set-up / Users and Policy / Organisational groups
- Find Leicester City Pct (Trust Group)
- Find HNN South leicester
- Click Join Group
Run Search and Process output
The formulae automatically indicate patients with either Type 1 AND Type 2 coding or Type 1/2 not specified on the right in columns T & U where TRUE is indicated. (You may find codes such as 'X40J6 Insulin treated Type 2 diabetes mellitus' or 'C1011 Type 2 diabetes mellitus with ketoacidosis' in column F where although the rubric specifies Type 2 the code is not located under 'X40J5 Type II diabetes mellitus' in the code hierarchy and so would be missed in searches for Type II & child codes unless specifically searched for.) Use Autofilter at the top of columns U & T (cells T3 & U3) in turn by unchecking the FALSE box to filter potential targets for action. Record actions in column V in the corresponding row (NB don't use patient identifiers in commentary), then put filters back on T & U to ALL and then when finished click the blue button at the top to save the audit output file for submssion. You can save the file and come back to it later if you have not completed it in one session. If Marking in Error erroneous codes remember there may be more than one which is why the search shows the last three. If there are more than three (unlikely), you may need to go hunting in the Read Code list.
- Under Reporting / Clinical Reporting find 'HNN South Leicester' / 'DND' and the search set 'Double Coding (1)'
- Select the search in the set and run it
- Once run select '1) Any Diabetes' / Show Patients / Select Output /Pre-defined report output and select 'Do Not Do Double Coding'
- Click 'Save All Pages to CSV'
- In the downloaded file select all data in columns A to S in the sheet except the headers in row 1. Ctrl +C to copy
- Open the Do Not Do Double Coding Spreadsheet which has digitally signed macros and Enable Editing / Macros 'DNDDoubleCoding.xlsm'
- PasteValues into sheet (Ctrl + V) after selecting cell A4. (If you have copied more columns than A-S it won't paste as columns T & U contain formulae and are protected from editing.)
Download the tool
Here is the Do Not Do Double Coding spreadsheet (which only supports SystmOne searches.)
Telephone: 0116 244 0888
Fax: 0116 283 0863
Postal address: 509 Saffron Lane, Leicester, LE2 6UL